felix s. chew
minna j. kohler
because ultrasound training is moving toward becoming a mandatory part of rheumatology fellowship and has become mandatory in physical medicine and rehabilitation residencies, this book is a valuable educational resource for rheumatologists, physiatrists, and musculoskeletal providers seeking a practical review guide for preparation of certification exams and use in clinical practice.show more
this book is unique. it will guide you through the essentials of musculoskeletal imaging using a multimodality approach. organized by categories of musculoskeletal disorders, it uses a a /findings within- the-imagea method to help you identify the typical imaging features of each condition. as a comprehensive reference compiled by well-known specialists in the fi eld, it is useful for both practicing radiologists and those in training. focus on the essentials provides a solid foundation of what the radiologist needs to know when interpreting musculoskeletal imaging studies, including the indications for when to use various imaging modalities. a /findings within the imagea an excellent presentation method for learning to interpret bone and joint images. find it quickly in addition to a detailed text and high-quality images, important points are summarized in boxes, tables, and illustrative fi gures for quick reference. extra features are included on the thieme mediacenter an additional 338 images along with supplemental text and references are provided online on the thieme mediacenter. special features * all chapters are written by leading international authors. * a comprehensive, multimodality approach is used. * over 2100 brilliant, state-of-the-art images are provided, including a multitude of mr images.
increase your knowledge and improve your image interpretation skills using the proven and popular case review approach! this new edition contains 200 clinical cases with 800 radiographic images with multiple-choice questions, answers, and rationales – all organized by level of difficulty and designed to reinforce your understanding of the essential principles needed to interpret a wide range of musculoskeletal imaging modalities. accessible, thorough, and concise, musculoskeletal imaging is an ideal self-assessment tool for both certification and maintenance of certification (moc) exams.
david g king
musculoskeletal x-rays for medical students provides the key principles and skills needed for the assessment of normal and abnormal musculoskeletal radiographs. with a focus on concise information and clear visual presentation, it uses a unique colour overlay system to clearly present abnormalities. musculoskeletal x-rays for medical students: * presents each radiograph twice, side by side – once as would be seen in a clinical setting and again with clearly highlighted anatomy or pathology * focuses on radiographic appearances and abnormalities seen in common clinical presentations, highlighting key learning points relevant to each condition * covers introductory principles, normal anatomy and common pathologies, in addition to disease-specific sections covering adult and paediatric practice * includes self-assessment to test knowledge and presentation techniques musculoskeletal x-rays for medical students is designed for medical students, junior doctors, nurses and radiographers, and is ideal for both study and clinical reference.
m.d. cree m. gaskin; m.d. s. lowell kahn; m.d. j. christoper bertozzi; m.d. paul m. bunch
>bone age assessment, a crucial part of the diagnosis and management of pediatric growth disorders as well as the timing of certain pediatric orthopedic procedures, has for decades depended on the meticulous examination of plain radiographs. examining the subtle changes present within the maturing human hand often proves to be challenging and time-consuming.
building on the popular greulich and pyle atlas, this book modernizes the method for pediatric skeletal maturity determination. it offers a wealth of images, carefully mined from thousands of digital radiographs from university of virginia’s picture archiving and communication system (pacs), edited to best demonstrate important developmental bone features, and organized by age and sex for rapid reference. to expedite learning and clinical image analysis, images come in pairs: annotated and unannotated, for easy comparison. succinct annotations on the images replace lengthy text to provide a quicker and clearer understanding of the skeletal age. these annotations highlight important and subtle features to help distinguish images that otherwise look superficially alike. the result is an atlas of exceptionally high quality skeletal radiographic standards that capture both the major and finer details of the accepted standards of greulich and pyle.
the user-friendly format of this book enables a faster, more accurate, and more educational approach to determining skeletal maturity. the digital bone age companion packaged with the book is a computer program that facilitates viewing of the atlas images in digital format. users can easily zoom in on radiographic features, set image level and width to their preference, and compare two or three reference standards side-by-side for difficult cases. most importantly, the program expedites evaluation, optimizes workflow, and minimizes user-introduced errors with the reliable bone age calculator and built-in report generator. the digital format may also be available for integration with your radiology information system (ris) for further workflow enhancement.
given the broad application of pediatric bone aging, skeletal development of the hand and wrist is not only intended for practicing and training radiologists, but for all of those who employ bone age studies as part of their practice.
nathan h. schwartz
your definitive, step-by-step guide to ultrasound-guided exams and injections for the foot and ankle
ultrasound of the foot and ankle is a multimedia, step-by-step introduction on how to use ultrasound successfully to diagnose and treat conditions of the foot and ankle. authored by noted podiatric physician and educator, nathan h. schwartz, dpm, the book thoroughly covers both diagnostic and interventional methods.
concise text and numerous illustrations provide you with easy to understand instruction on using ultrasound to accurately identify normal and abnormal anatomy of foot and ankle. in addition to an extensive section devoted to ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal injections, the book features chapters on ultrasound basics: image optimization, probe handling, and ergonomics. numerous tips and tricks are provided to help you master exams and acquire new skills. it is the perfect introduction for practitioners who are eager to bring these procedures into their practices to enhance patient care.
guided learning that helps you put new procedures into practice
comprehensive coverage of how to effectively scan muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints, soft tissue, fat, bone, and nerves
more than 60 videos illustrate key exams and injections
ideal for podiatrists, pain medicine specialists, sports medicine physicians, orthopedic surgeons, and physiatrists”
shivani gupta; daniel m. sciubba; mark m. mikhael; savvas nicolaou
>spine imaging uses a classic, case approach to provide multi-modality imaging studies and management guidance of spine pathologies for the consulting radiologist as well as the neurologist, orthopedist, or emergency clinician diagnosing and managing spinal patients. eighty cases, featuring over 650 images, are organized into sections by pathologic process and include a clinical description followed by discussion on radiologic findings, clinical management, and a summary of key points. an additional section on imaging signs closes the volume. cases address which image findings are clinically significant and which are not, how to understand the severity of an injury, and when additional advanced imaging is needed, making spine imaging an essential resource for managing these complex pathologies.
scott e. forseen; neil m. borden
an atlas for the 21st century
the most precise, cutting-edge images of normal spinal anatomy available today are the centerpiece of this spectacular atlas for clinicians, trainees, and students in the neurologically-based medical specialties. truly an ìatlas for the 21st century, this comprehensive visual reference presents a detailed overview of spinal anatomy acquired through the use of multiple imaging modalities and advanced techniques that allow visualization of structures not possible with conventional mri or ct. a series of unique full-color structural images derived from 3d models based on actual images in the book further enhances understanding of spinal anatomy and spatial relationships.
written by two neuroradiologists who are also prominent educators, the atlas begins with a brief introduction to the development, organization, and function of the human spine. what follows is more than 650 meticulously presented and labelled images acquired with the full complement of standard and advanced modalities currently used to visualize the human spine and adjacent structuresóincluding x-ray, fluoroscopy, mri, ct, cta, mra, digital subtraction angiography, and ultrasound of the neonatal spine. the vast array of data that these modes of imaging provide offer a wider window into the spine and allow the reader an unobstructed view of the anatomy presented to inform clinical decisions or enhance understanding of this complex region. additionally, various anatomic structures can be viewed from modality to modality and from multiple planes.
this state-of-the-art atlas elevates conventional anatomic spine topography to the cutting edge of technology. it will serve as an authoritative learning tool in the classroom, and as a crucial practical resource at the workstation or in the office or clinic.
this item is non-returnable.
guermazi, ali, roemer, frank w., crema, michel d. (eds.)
most books on imaging in sports medicine are concerned with the particular joints or anatomy involved in sports-related injuries. this book, however, takes a different perspective by looking at injuries that are associated with specific sports. all of the well-known major sports, such as football, tennis, and basketball, are included, as are many less common but still very popular sports, such as baseball, american football, and rugby. the chapters on sports-specific injuries are preceded by two chapters on the perspective of clinicians and another two chapters on the general use of mr imaging and ultrasound in sports medicine. the authors of the book are world-renowned experts from five continents. imaging in sports-specific musculoskeletal injuries should be of great interest to radiologists, sports medicine physicians, orthopedic surgeons, and rehabilitation physicians, and to anyone interested in the treatment of sports-related injuries.
jeffrey a. strakowski
>this book is a basic introduction to musculoskeletal ultrasound for beginners or novice practitioners. itl covers essential physics of ultrasonic waves, understanding the instrumentation and image optimization, scanning techniques, sonographic appearance of common tissues, foreign bodies, masses, and artifacts, as well as use during guided procedures. the final chapter provides recommendations for getting started in practice. intended as a first step, this clearly-presented, highly illustrated “quick start” manual will be a welcome introductory tool for anyone looking to attain proficiency in msk us.
this book explains in detail the technical principles of the different imaging methods applied to the skeleton, including radiographs, ultrasound, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and radionuclide scans. it also describes the normal and abnormal musculoskeletal tissues using each modality. considering the anatomical approach and including a lot of annotated images, the book provides concise descriptions of the most common disorders of each region, the optimum imaging technique and the standard treatment. there is significant coverage of trauma in each regional chapter, which includes shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand, pelvic girdle and hip, knee, foot and ankle, and spine making it relevant to people who are working in emergency and orthopaedic departments. the final chapter describes the radiological patterns seen with bone tumours and infarcts, osteomyelitis, rickets, arthritis, and osteochondritis dissicans.
m.d. allison grayev; m.d. sayed ali; m.d. reuben grech
>more than 150 spinal radiology cases deliver the best board review possible
part of “mcgraw-hill education’s radiology case review series,” this unique resource challenges you to look at a group of images, determine the diagnosis, answer related questions, and gauge your knowledge by reviewing the answer. it all adds up to the best case-based review of spinal imaging available–one that’s ideal for certification or recertification, or as an incomparable clinical refresher.
distinguished by a cohesive 2-page design, each volume in this series is filled with cases, annotated images, questions & answers, pearls, and relevant literature references that will efficiently prepare you for virtually any exam topic. the more than 150 cases cover clinically relevant disorders such as neck and back pain, leg numbness, fibrous dysplasia, sprengel’s deformity, neck mass, spina bifida, and lumbar fusion.
“radiology case review series” features more than 150 cases for each volume, which consist of: precise, state-of-the-art images accompanied by questions and answers, descriptions of the entities, insightful clinical pearls, and reference lists intensive coverage of fundamental radiology principles, the latest diagnostic imaging techniques, radiology equipment, new technologies, and more unique 2-page design for each case, which features: images with 5 questions on the right-hand page magnifications, annotations, and detailed answers on the verso page–a benefit that you’ll only find in this exceptional series informative, bulleted comments box that provides important additional context for each case cases organized and coded by difficulty level allowing you to evaluate your proficiency before progressing to the next level. if you’re looking for the most complete, well-organized, and efficient case-based review of radiology available–designed to help you ace the boards and optimize patient outcomes–the “radiology case review series” belongs on your reference shelf.
- thomas h berquist md, facr consultant, department of diagnostic radiologymayo clinicjacksonville, floridaprofessor of diagnos
revised and updated for its third edition, this highly acclaimed volume is a definitive guide to the clinical imaging of foot and ankle disorders. the title of this edition has changed from radiology of the foot and ankle to imaging of the foot and ankle to reflect a greater emphasis on multimodality imaging approaches to solve diagnostic challenges, specifically the increased use of ultrasound, mr imaging, ct, and diagnostic interventional techniques.
the book features increased coverage of ultrasound, pet, and the diabetic foot and upgraded mr and ct images. new syndromes such as impingement have been added to the chapter on soft tissue trauma and overuse. the fractures and dislocations chapter includes ota classifications and additional mr and ct scans of complications. other highlights include up-to-date information on new fixation devices and prostheses and state-of-the-art interventional and vascular techniques including use of mra.
this book provides a comprehensive reference for radiologists, radiologists in training, and clinicians who treat foot and ankle disorders including podiatrists, orthopaedic surgeons, rheumatologists, and emergency room physicians.
- new!: greater emphasis on multimodality imaging approaches to solve diagnostic challenges—specifically, increasing use of ultrasound, mr imaging, ct, and diagnostic interventional techniques
- new! increased coverage of ultrasound, pet, and the diabetic foot
- new! new syndromes including impingement have been added to the chapter on soft tissue trauma and overuse
- new! ota classifications and additional mr and ct scans of complications have been added to the fractures and dislocations chapter
- new! up to date information on fixation devices and prostheses
- new! updated interventional and vascular techniques including use of mra
- authored by tom berquist
- comprehensive review of the field
- quality of images is excellent
- thomas h berquist md, facr consultant, department of diagnostic radiologymayo clinicjacksonville, floridaprofessor of diagnos
written by one of the leading experts in musculoskeletal radiology, this orthopaedic primer familiarizes radiologists with the indications, applications, potential complications, and radiologic evaluation of orthopaedic fixation devices, appliances, and joint prostheses. the book examines the imaging modalities used in the evaluation of orthopaedic fixation devices and prostheses, the clinical and imaging features and normal appearance of these devices, and the imaging features and most appropriate modalities for evaluating complications. more than 1,900 illustrations complement the text.
note: this book is a condensed version of berquist’s imaging atlas of orthopaedic appliances and prostheses, which published in 1994.
- new orthopaedics nomenclature chapter
- new surgical procedures of the long bones
- easy to follow format-arranged as bulleted key points similar to companion series
- multiple examples showing proper and incorrect placement of fixation devices, appliances, and prostheses
- written by one of the leading experts in the field of musculoskeletal radiology and the msk trustee for the american board of radiology
many practitioners are now continuing to expand their reporting skills from appendicular skeleton to include the axial skeleton in trauma. other allied profession may also be reviewing axial skeleton trauma radiographs, for instance nurse practitioners (such as in cases of hip trauma). many practitioners initially fear reviewing axial skeleton radiographs, understandably as missing an injury may have dire consequences, but with training, audit and care this fear can be overcome; and one can look forward to the challenge of axial radiograph reporting.
this is a comprehensive reference and practical guide on the technology and application of ultrasound to the musculoskeletal system. it is organized into two main sections. the first is devoted to general aspects, while the second provides a systematic overview of the applications of musculoskeletal ultrasound in different areas of the body. ultrasound scans are correlated with drawings, photographs, images obtained using other modalities, and anatomic specimens. there is a generous complement of high-quality illustrations based on high-end equipment. this book will acquaint beginners with the basics of musculoskeletal ultrasound, while more advanced sonologists and sonographers will learn new skills, means of avoiding pitfalls, and ways of effectively relating the ultrasound study to the clinical background.
by robert christman (editor)
clearly written and abundantly illustrated, foot and ankle radiology, 2nd edition provides a solid understanding of diagnostic radiology as it applies to podiatric medicine, including both normal and pathological presentations of the foot and ankle. this highly regarded text has been completely updated with all-new chapters on mr and ct imaging, digital radiography, musculoskeletal ultrasound, and more; full-color illustrations; and significant revisions throughout. with coverage of both adult and pediatric imaging, it’s your one-stop resource for the radiographic presentations of pathologic conditions of the foot and ankle.
- get comprehensive coverage of everything you need to know about the principles of radiographic interpretation, normal and variant radiographic anatomy and development of the foot and ankle, and systematic evaluation of bone and joint disorders, as well as bone and joint abnormalities.
- make the most of all imaging procedures with new content on mr, ct, pet, spect, and musculoskeletal ultrasound.
- address challenging issues with confidence, thanks to new chapters on the diabetic foot and postoperative evaluation and complications.
- visualize key concepts, disorders, and procedures easily with more than 1,000 high-quality radiographs and full-color illustrations.
- quickly see how to systematically analyze a radiograph and identify conditions that are intrinsic to the foot or that represent manifestations of extrinsic disease.
- gain a better understanding of both normal and variant radiographic anatomy, as well as both adult and pediatric imaging of the foot and ankle.
now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive ebook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to:
- complete content with enhanced navigation.
- powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web.
- cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation.
- a highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text.
- the ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues.
- quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use.
by adam greenspan
interpret musculoskeletal images with confidence with orthopedic radiology: a practical approach! this trusted radiology reference has established itself as an ideal comprehensive source of guidance for radiologists and orthopedists at every level of training.
- effectively interpret a full range of findings with the aid of more than 4,000 outstanding illustrations that encompass conventional radiography, ultrasound, ct, dual-energy ct, pet-ct, and all other diagnostic imaging modalities used to evaluate musculoskeletal disorders, including numerous examples of 3-d imaging.
- master the latest trends in orthopedic radiology including the increasing emphasis on ultrasonography and mri over other methods that expose patients to higher levels of radiation.
- choose the best imaging approach for each patient with discussions of each technique’s accuracy, speed, and cost.
- apply a state-of-the-art knowledge of magnetic resonance imaging interpretation with advanced guidance from renowned musculoskeletal mri authorities.
- find the information you need quickly and easily thanks to informative diagrams and schematics, and a quick-reference, high-yield format, including “practical points” summaries at the end of each chapter for quick review.
now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive ebook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to:
- complete content with enhanced navigation
- a powerful search that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
featuring over 1,700 large-size illustrations and unique, effective pedagogy, the fourth edition of dr. greenspan’s best-seller is the ideal teaching text on musculoskeletal imaging for radiologists and orthopedists at every level of training. it covers all orthopedic problems and imaging modalities and offers indispensable guidance on selecting cost-effective imaging techniques. this edition includes new illustrations of mri, digital radiography, 3-d ct, and other advanced imaging methods and new information on fat suppression techniques in mr imaging. also included are additional differential diagnosis tables, new tables summarizing salient features of disorders, and improved illustration captions beginning with the diagnosis in boldface.
this book is an indispensable reference for pediatric and musculoskeletal radiologists, as well as orthopedic surgeons. it offers in depth analysis of pediatric orthopedic imaging, covering normal and aberrant development as well as both common and unusual pediatric disorders.
chapters on the spine, shoulder, elbow, hand and wrist, hip and pelvis, lower extremity, and foot and ankle address site-specific congenital and acquired lesions. subsequent chapters cover generalized orthopedic diseases such as neurofibromatosis and osteogenesis imperfecta, infectious processes, neuromuscular diseases, musculoskeletal tumors, trauma, and orthopedic procedures. the chapters review associated epidemiology, clinical presentation and evolution, treatment, and differential diagnoses, with in-depht analysis of imaging characteristics. with more than 1800 images, high-quality mri, ct, and us examples complement the radiographs of a broad variety of musculoskeletal disorders.
by enzo silvestri, alessandro muda, davide orlandi
the book provides a comprehensive description of the basic ultrasound principles, normal anatomy of the lower limb muscles and classification of muscle strain injuries. ultrasound images are coupled with anatomical schemes explaining probe positioning and scanning technique for the various muscles of the thigh and leg. for each muscle, a brief explanation of normal anatomy is also provided, together with a list of tricks and tips and advice on how to perform the ultrasound scan in clinical practice. this book is an excellent practical teaching guide for beginners and a useful reference for more experienced sonographers.
by john o’neill
essentials of rheumatology imaging covers all current methods of imaging and imaging techniques related to common rheumatic symptoms and specific rheumatic diseases. this book presents comprehensive, high resolution images necessary for the diagnosis of diseases of the soft tissues, connective tissues and joints, including rheumatoid arthritis, gout, lupus, sj gren’s syndrome, osteoarthritis and scleroderma. a concise reference source for radiologists, essentials of rheumatology imaging delivers up-to-date and complete information on the imaging of rheumatic disease.
by lynn n. mckinnis
a volume in the contemporary perspectives in rehabilitation series
edited by steven l. wolf, pt, phd, fapta
here’s everything physical therapists need to know about medical imaging.
this comprehensive guide helps you develop the skills and knowledge you need to accurately interpret imaging studies and understand written reports. lynn mckinnis, 2009 winner of apta’s helen j. hislop award for outstanding contributions to professional literature, guides you every step of the way.
begin with a basic introduction to radiology; then progress to evaluating radiographs and advanced imaging from head to toe. imaging for commonly seen traumas and pathologies, as well as case studies prepare you to meet the most common to complex challenges in clinical and practice.
more advanced images and critical-thinking exercises as well as new premium resources online at davisplus continue to make the 4th edition the ideal text in a rapidly advancing field.
the davis digital version lets you access the complete text online. plus, interactive exercises reinforce the content in the text and help you identify and recognize anatomy and pathologies. redeem the plus code inside new, printed texts to access these davisplus premium resources.
by ulrike szeimies, axel stbler, markus walther
the foot has a special place in musculoskeletal diagnosis due to its complex anatomy and because many similar symptoms can have different causes, each requiring a different approach to treatment. the evaluation of foot disorders and diseases requires close clinicalradiological correlation and communication with foot experts. foot disorders and injuries increase with age, due in part to the rising popularity of recreational sports in all age groups. diagnostic imaging of the foot and ankle will help you train your eye to recognize disorders and diseases of the foot and ankle, including those that are often misdiagnosed or overlooked.
- by practitioners for practitioners: first-hand knowledge from leading surgical and orthopedic foot experts and radiologists
- clear and concise: a textbook and reference in a user-friendly layout focused on the foot and ankle
- uniform format: entities are described by definition, clinical presentation, imaging modalities, typical imaging features, differential diagnosis, treatment options, course, and pitfalls
- clinical aspects and treatment: clinicalradiological correlation plus a concise review of treatment options
- the new standard: this information on the foot and ankle is available nowhere else in such a condensed form
- highest quality images: more than 500 superb illustrations including high-resolution images acquired with high-field mri and multi-channel coils
by thomas pope
in its fully revised and updated second edition, musculoskeletal imaging covers every aspect of musculoskeletal radiology. this medical reference book incorporates the latest diagnostic modalities and interventional techniques, as well as must-read topics such as hip, groin and cartilage imaging; newly described impingements; and new concepts in the hip including teres ligament pathology. accessibility in print, online and across portable devices makes musculoskeletal imaging a fully searchable and dependable source for both reading and reference. this publication is a key title in the popular expert radiology series, which delivers evidence-based expert guidance from around the globe.
- fully understand each topic with a format that delivers essential background information.
- streamline the decision-making process with integrated protocols, classic signs, and acr guidelines, as well as a design that structures every chapter consistently to include pathophysiology, imaging techniques, imaging findings, differential diagnosis, and treatment options.
- write the most comprehensive reports possible with help from boxes highlighting what the referring physician needs to know, as well as suggestions for treatment and future imaging studies.
- access in-depth case studies, valuable appendices, and additional chapters covering all of the most important musculoskeletal procedures performed today.
- quickly locate important information with a full-color design that includes color-coded tables and bulleted lists highlighting key concepts, as well as color artwork that lets you easily find critical anatomic views of diseases and injuries.
- engage with more than 40 brand-new videos, including arthroscopic videos.
- easily comprehend complicated material with over 5,000 images and new animations.
- explore integrated clinical perspectives on the newest modalities such as pet-ct in cancer, diffusion mr, as well as ultrasonography, fusion imaging, multi-slice ct and nuclear medicine.
- learn from team of international experts provides a variety of evidence-based guidance, including the pros and cons of each modality, to help you overcome difficult challenges.
- expert consult ebook version included with purchase. this enhanced ebook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references, and videos from the book on a variety of devices.
by lee f. rogers, o. c. west
last published over a decade ago, this classic radiology text has been exhaustively updated by leading experts to provide the latest techniques and advances available in radiology today. exceptional in scope and lavishly illustrated throughout, imaging of skeletal trauma continues to offer a comprehensive view of diagnostic imaging in the evaluation of skeletal trauma, now in one consolidated single volume.
- master imaging techniques for the patient with multiple injuries, and understand the epidemiology and classification of various fractures, including chondral, osteochondral, stress, and pathologic.
- explore the effects of various traumatic childhood injuries on the growing skeleton.
- address the diagnostic pitfalls for a complete range of common, rare, and acute injuries.
- access up-to-date information on the role of helical ct and mr imaging in the evaluation of acute skeletal trauma.
- view nearly 3,000 radiographs, cts, and mr images, along with a wealth of line drawings that richly depict the principal features of all common fractures and dislocations.
- access the most important, need-to-know information regarding all aspects of imaging skeletal trauma with this consolidated single-volume edition.
- quickly reference critical material with an organization based on anatomical region.
- efficiently read and understand images while in an emergency setting with an expanded presentation of ct and mri.
- take advantage of global expertise from brand-new contributing authors, including diagnostic radiologist dr. o. clark west.
- view the fully searchable contents online at expert consult.
by eric d. schwartz (editor), adam e. flanders (editor)
written by recognized experts, this volume is a comprehensive reference on the use of advanced imaging techniques in the diagnosis and management of spinal trauma. in one cohesive source, the book brings together information on state-of-the-art clinical imaging—including multidetector ct and high-field mri techniques—and the pathophysiology, neurologic evaluation, medical management, surgical treatment, and postoperative assessment of spine trauma and spinal cord injury. also included are cutting-edge reviews of experimental imaging techniques and their applications and experimental therapies such as neurotransplantation. more than 700 illustrations—including 180 in full color—complement the text.
written by recognized experts, this volume is a comprehensive reference on the use of advanced imaging techniques in the diagnosis and management of spinal trauma. in one cohesive source, the book brings together information on state-of-the-art clinical imaging–including multidetector ct and high-field mri techniques–and the pathophysiology, neurologic evaluation, medical management, surgical treatment, and postoperative assessment of spine trauma and spinal cord injury. also included are cutting-edge reviews of experimental imaging techniques and their applications and experimental therapies such as neurotransplantation. more than 700 illustrations–including 180 in full color–complement the text.
by felix s. chew
written by an acknowledged master in the field, skeletal radiology: the bare bones is a succinct, focused, clinically oriented textbook in musculoskeletal radiology. it presents the core knowledge base in musculoskeletal imaging necessary for radiology residents and practitioners. major sections focus on trauma, tumors and tumor-like lesions, joint disease, and miscellaneous topics such as developmental and congenital conditions, metabolic, endocrine, and nutritional conditions, infection and marrow disease, postsurgical imaging, and interventional procedures. emphasis is on understanding how abnormalities on images mirror the specific anatomic and pathophysiologic features of diseases.
this third edition includes all modalities in current use, including plain film, ultrasound, pet-ct, and much more mri than previous editions. the book includes over 900 images selected from the teaching files and clinical case material at leading medical centers.
the book contains black-and-white illustrations.